Advocacy at Care Homes
Since December 2014 Advonet has been providing an independent advocacy service at Ravensdale Care Home.
The service has been offered for an average of 2 hours a week. The idea behind the bespoke advocacy service is that the advocate would:
- offer an independent source of information for service users about their options
- help individual service users/groups of service users to raise issues with staff
- support individual service users to participate in care planning meetings
- facilitate service user group meetings
- support service users to self-advocate individually and as a group
- use non-instructed advocacy techniques to enable service users who lack capacity to participate in decision-making about a particular issue
There is a comprehensive partnership agreement in place to safeguard the independence of the advocacy.
You can download some feedback given by people who have used this service here.