Jobs at Advonet
Advonet is recruiting:
Advocacy Assistant, Leeds Independent Health Complaints Advocacy Team
Salary: £18,000 p.a. pro rata for part time working
Hours: 18.5 hours per week (0.5 post)
Fixed term Contract to 31st March 2018 (continuation of role pending contract retendering)
Closing date: 12 noon Tuesday 30th May 2017
Interviews to be held on: Thursday 8th June 2017
The NHS Complaints Advocacy service for Leeds residents is a Statutory Service funded by Leeds City Council and run by Advonet. The service provides independent advocacy for anyone wanting to make a complaint about an NHS provisioned service.
This is a challenging and evolving project with a vital role to play in patient empowerment and driving up standards in the NHS.
- The Advocacy Assistant will be the first point of contact for anyone wanting to use the NHS complaints advocacy service.
- You will be able to give clear information in an approachable and professional manner to callers by phone, email or in person, who may well be distressed by their experiences.
- You must be highly computer literate and able to process cases accurately via the database and provide administrative support to the LIHCA Coordinator.
- You will be expected to handle initial enquiries and some ongoing aspects of cases, more complex aspects of the cases will be handled by complaints advocates.
- As well as NHS complaints work you will be expected to handle enquiries about the wide range of services provided by any of the Advonet consortium members.
The successful candidate will be required to work in conjunction with the other advocate assistants to provide office cover 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday and cover for annual leave and planned absence. Working days will be agreed on appointment.
Please return all application forms to email@example.com
If you would like more information or an informal chat about the post please call on 0113 205 6530 and ask to speak to LIHCA Senior Advocate Rosie Whitmore email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or Operations Manager Anne-Marie Ledson at: email@example.com